Have you heard of the microbiome?
Chances are you have, as it’s become quite the word on the street.
The microbiome is our very own community of bacteria – the good, the not so good, and the downright bad. The human body actually contains 10 times more microbial cells than human cells. That’s right… 10. Recent research on the microbiome has focused on everything from mood to obesity; it’s worth paying attention to.
We have the power to shift our microbiome in many ways, from the foods that we choose to eat each day, to the probiotic supplements we take. And it makes sense to choose wisely, as this microbe community is key to maintaining a healthy digestive system and a strong balanced immune system.
Need some questions answered? Don’t be shy!
- What are probiotics exactly? Probiotics are beneficial, or “good” bacteria that can support optimal digestion and immune health.*
- And what about PREbiotics? Prebiotics act as food for probiotics. Examples of foods that entice a colony’s palate include beet root, dandelion root, burdock root and artichoke. (Because bacteria are LIVE, they need to eat, just like we do!)
- What is a Colony Forming Unit? Also referred to as CFU, it is the unit of measurement commonly used to indicate the amount of viable bacteria in a probiotic supplement.
So, Which One Should You Pick?
That all depends on you.
MegaFlora has our original 14 strain blend, and is an excellent foundational choice. It helps support intestinal health, bowel regularity and immunity.* It contains 20 billion CFUs.
If you need to take it up a notch due to travel or the need for additional immune support, then MegaFlora Plus has 50 billion CFUs for that extra support in times of additional stress on the body.*
If you have kids in your life, then consider supporting their microbiome with Kid’s N’Us MegaFlora.*
To meet more specific health needs, you can now choose from three new MegaFlora probiotic products. Each one contains the original MegaFlora 14 strain blend and in addition, is custom designed to include clinically-researched strains, prebiotics and supportive whole foods fresh from our trusted farm partners:
- MegaFlora for Women includes organic cranberry to naturally support urinary tract health.* Beet, burdock and dandelion root also nourish the existing microbiome and feminine health.*
- MegaFlora for Baby and Me is taken by pregnant moms to promote immune health and nutrient absorption in pregnant mother and child.* Organic ginger is included to gently support digestive function.*
- MegaFlora for Over 50 contains a broad spectrum of probiotics designed to encourage regularity, healthy bowel function and proper digestion for reduced gas and bloating.* Organic turmeric root also promotes the health of the colon in both men and women.*
Whichever one you choose, you can rest assured that all of the MegaFlora collection of products are gently filtered from food growth media, and are always tested to be free of gluten, dairy and soy. Now you have more choices than ever before to support an unseen – yet very important – aspect of your health: The Microbiome.
* This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.